Now traffic challan for overspeed will not be deducted, just use this new feature of Google
How to enable Google Map Real Time, Speed Limit Feature?
To promote road safety and help drivers obey speed limits, Google Maps recently launched a new feature that will show real-time limit information for roads at a global level.
The update aims to provide speed and other related information to drivers, especially in challenging conditions such as low visibility due to weather or unknown traffic rules in different areas.
Why is it beneficial?
People do not quickly understand the speed limit when going from the highway to the local road, due to which they get challaned for driving too fast unknowingly. Especially at night or in bad weather conditions, the sign boards on the roads are not visible, due to which information about the
People do not quickly understand the speed limit when going from the highway to the local road, due to which they get challenged for driving too fast unknowingly.
Especially at night or in bad weather conditions, the sign boards on the roads are not visible, due to which information about the correct speed limit of the road is not available.
Therefore, to assist drivers and provide better safety and navigation assistance to drivers, Google Maps has introduced the Speedometer feature launch, which will provide real-time speed limit information for roads across the world. This feature is currently available only on Android phones.
How to enable speedometer in Google Map
- First of all, open the Google Map app on your Android device.
- In the top right corner of the Google Maps app, tap your profile photo or initials.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Settings.” This will open the settings menu. From there, select “Navigation Settings” to proceed.
- Once you're in Navigation Settings, look for the section labeled “Driving Options.” Here you will find various facilities related to your driving experience.
- Under “Driving Options”, you will find a toggle switch for the speedometer. To enable the speedometer and get real-time information on your driving speed, turn the switch on.
Once you set the speedometer, it will show your GPS speed while navigating with Google Maps and it will also alert you by changing colors if you are exceeding the speed limit.
How does a speedometer work?
According to the official blog post, Google Maps' speedometer helps regulate speed by using AI to identify speed limits from Street View imagery and third-party imagery.
This AI model has been trained on hundreds of types of signs from around the world to ensure that it can detect speed limits even when the signs look different.
Once the AI model identifies a sign, it uses GPS information from the image to match it to its exact geographic venue to update the user with the speed limit.
If your budget is low and you want to bring home a new car, then this is how your dream will be fulfilled.